If you are using Internet Explorer 8 or 9 please click on the broken page icon in your web browser to view this website
Year Of Call: 1994
Matthew's specialist areas of practice comprise travel and holiday matters (all claims and recovery proceedings with a cross border element) and personal injury (with particular emphasis on employers' liability matters).
He has for several years been recommended for his consumer and travel law expertise in The Legal 500 and in Chambers & Partners, in which he is described as having "fantastic knowledge and insight into travel and international law issues, beyond the level of most leading counsel", "knows his way around the courtroom better than most", admired for his handling of difficult points of law, "very thorough; there is nothing left for you as a solicitor to mop up", and "not frightened to tell you what you must do". He is also recommended as a leading junior in the personal injury sections of Chambers & Partners and The Legal 500 in which he is described as "beyond helpful", an "excellent technical lawyer", with "voracious attention to detail" and "advice and representation which always adds value for the client".
Matthew was Conciliator for the Passenger Shipping Association Conciliation Scheme between 2005 and 2010./>
- Midlands Circuit
- Conciliator for the Passenger Shipping Association Conciliation Scheme 2005-2010
- Travel &Tourism Lawyers’ Association (Chairman)
- Personal Injuries Bar Association
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- London Common and Commercial Bar Association
- Member Joint Academic Stage Board (Bar Standards Board nominee) 2002 to date
- British Spanish Law Association
- Registered Pupil-Supervisor.