Art in Chambers:
Charing Cross Road
London 1937 by Wolf Suschitzky
If you are using Internet Explorer 8 or 9 please click on the broken page icon in your web browser to view this website
Professional Discipline and Regulation
Chambers is recommended as a leading professional discipline and regulatory law set of chambers in the current edition of The Legal 500. Its members are also recommended in the professional discipline section of the current edition of Chambers & Partners.
Members of Chambers have considerable expertise in this area of law and have acted in related tribunals both prosecuting and defending. They can provide advice and representation in respect of the full range of proceedings. They have extensive experience as advocates before many statutory / non-statutory bodies. These include appearances at hearings before:
• the General Medical Council’s Fitness to Practice Panel, the Nursing & Midwifery Council’s Conduct and Competence Committee and other healthcare-related tribunals;
• First Tier tribunals such as the Health, Education and Social Chamber;
• the Bar Disciplinary Tribunal, the Solicitors Disciplinary Tribunal and other legal services’ disciplinary tribunals;
• the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors Disciplinary Panel and tribunals of the National Federation of Property Professionals;
• Police disciplinary tribunals;
• the Upper Tribunal (Tax and Chancery) - Financial Services (formerly known as the Financial Services and Markets Tribunal); and
• sports-related tribunals including disciplinary panels of the British Horseracing Authority, the Football Association and other sports.
In addition, various members also sit part-time as legal assessors, committee members / chairs of disciplinary or investigating committees of a number of different regulators and governing bodies, and as independent members or commissioners on other bodies such as the Football Regulatory Authority.
Members of Chambers' Regulatory Group regularly provide training and produce practice area briefings. If you would like to be added to the Regulatory Group's database or have an enquiry regarding the Group or our work in this area, please contact us at Regulatory@1chancerylane.com or call our Business Manager, Genevieve Quierin, on 0845 634 6666.
Group Members: John Ross QC, Lord Faulks QC, Simon Readhead QC, Edward Bishop QC, Andrew Warnock QC, Alastair Hammerton, Justin Althaus, Angus Piper, Geoffrey Weddell, Karen Shuman, David Thomson, Ivor Collett, Paul Stagg, Sophie Mortimer, Simon Murray, Laura Johnson, Saleem Khalid, Carla Revere, Andrew Spencer, Jack Harding, Ian Clarke, Lisa Dobie, Roderick Abbott, Rebecca Grant, Frances McClenaghan, Thomas Crockett, Tom Collins and Rhiannon Lewis.