Art in Chambers:
London 1947 by Wolf Suschitzky
If you are using Internet Explorer 8 or 9 please click on the broken page icon in your web browser to view this website
1 Chancery Lane - Terms and conditions
As a set of English barristers' Chambers, we are obliged to ask you to read the following disclaimer to which you should agree before accessing the site. We thank you for your co-operation.
This web site is produced by 1 Chancery Lane, a set of Barristers' Chambers. Chambers has no collective legal identity of any kind; all barristers practising from a set of chambers are self-employed individuals. By agreement of the barristers in these Chambers, this web site has been prepared for information purposes only. Any views expressed, or comments made on the law in an article, commentary or note, on this web site are not necessarily the opinions of any member of Chambers other than the author.
For further information see the Bar Council web site.
Members of Chambers, as individual lawyers, may only give advice to a particular person on a specific matter or case if instructed to do so by one of the following: a solicitor, a qualified foreign lawyer, a member of a recognised professional body approved by the Bar Council for the purpose of direct professional access work, or a BarDIRECT client.
For further information see the Bar Council web site.
How to Instruct Us
Initial contact concerning instructions to a barrister in these Chambers should be made via a member of our clerking team. The terms on which members of Chambers offer their services, in the absence of express agreement to the contrary, are set out in The (New) Standard Contractual Terms For The Supply Of Legal Services By Barristers To Authorised Persons 2012 – Annex T to The Code of Conduct and can be accessed by using the following link http://www.barcouncil.org.uk/media/185511/contractualterms.pdf
We can accept written instructions in hard copy form or by fax or email. Our clerking team will discuss billing arrangements with you. We are able to provide monthly or other periodic billing if you require this.
The following people may instruct barristers either on behalf of clients or on their own account in any matter for all types of work:
- Other authorised litigators
- Parliamentary agents, patent agents, trademark agents and notaries
- European lawyers registered with the Law Society
- Employed barristers and/or European lawyers registered with the Bar Council
- Legal Advice Centres designated by the Bar Council
Licensed conveyancers may instruct barristers in matters in which they are providing conveyancing services.
If you wish to instruct a barrister under the Public Access Scheme please see the Public Access page of our website which contains a list of those barristers in Chambers who are currently authorised to accept such instructions.
The information and any commentary on the law contained on this web site, including the articles available from it, is provided free of charge for information purposes only. No responsibility for the accuracy and correctness of the information and commentary, or for any consequences of relying on it, is assumed by any member of Chambers or by Chambers as a whole. The information and commentary does not, and is not intended to, amount to legal advice to any person on a specific case or matter. The various articles available from this web site were written at the dates shown for particular audiences and purposes and may not represent the law as it stands today. You are strongly advised to obtain specific, personal advice from a lawyer about your case or matter and not to rely on the information or comments on this site. By agreeing to these terms you agree that you will not rely on the content of any article or other information available from this website.
All rights, including copyright, in the content of these web pages are owned or controlled by 1 Chancery Lane.
In accessing 1 Chancery Lane’s web pages, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below. If you are not in agreement, you must terminate your use of this site forthwith.
Terms and Conditions
(1) Except as expressly permitted by 1 Chancery Lane you will not copy, reproduce, broadcast, download, store (in any medium), transmit, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the content of these web pages for any purpose whatsoever. You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, or restrict or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party.
(2) Use of this site constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions which take effect on the date on which you first use the site. 1 Chancery Lane reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. You are responsible for reviewing regularly information posted online to obtain notice of such changes. Your continued use of this site after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of this agreement as modified by the posted changes.
(3) This site and the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to 1 Chancery Lane, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided "as is" and on an "is available" basis without any representation or endorsement made and without warranty of any kind whether express or implied, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
(4) Without prejudice to any provision of these Terms and Conditions, in no event will 1 Chancery Lane be liable for any losses, expenses, costs or damages including indirect or consequential damages arising from or connected with your use of this site or its contents, whether in contract or tort or otherwise. 1 Chancery Lane does not warrant that the functions contained in the material comprising this site will be uninterrupted or error free or that any defects will be corrected or that this site or the server that makes it available is free of viruses or bugs . 1 Chancery Lane does not represent the full functionality, accuracy or reliability of the materials comprising this site .
(5) The names, images and logos identifying 1 Chancery Lane or third parties and their products and services are proprietary marks of 1 Chancery Lane and/or those third parties. Nothing contained herein shall be construed as conferring by implication, estoppel or otherwise any licence or right under any trade mark or patent of 1 Chancery Lane or any other third party to use any of the information, copyright, trade marks or patents otherwise than in strict compliance with these Terms and Conditions.
(7) If any of these Terms and Conditions should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by reason of the laws of any state or country in which these Terms and Conditions are intended to be effective, then to the extent and within the jurisdiction which that Term or Condition is illegal, invalid or unenforceable, it shall be severed and deleted from this clause and the remaining terms and conditions shall survive, remain in full force and effect and continue to be binding and enforceable.
(8) These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Disputes arising herefrom shall be exclusively subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.